Thursday, October 29, 2009

Emergency Needs Assessment Trainings

The months of September and October will be remembered for some of the deals I struck with two organizations. The first is with RedR India (Registered Engineers for Disaster Relief) whom I could get to train 150 staff of over 50 non-governmental and government organizations, and have them trained properly in doing needs assessment in emergency situations. The trainings took place in North Bengal in Malda, Jalpaiguri and Siliguri, with logistic assistance from RCHSS,
an organization based in Malda, and in Dhamakhali, Kolkata and Kharagpur, with logistic support from PRISM. I must also thank Mr. Aniruddha Dey who has been a great support to me and an elder brother, patiently assisting me with whatever voluntary support he could give.

The second deal is with Concern Worldwide. I could strike a deal with them for financial support for the training in emergency needs assessment held in South Bengal. I thank both RedR and Concern Worldwide, (specially Mr. Sebastian of Concern) for their extended support. Oh yes, I
could meet my old friends Sameer Karia and others in the process. The months ended with another deal with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) who have sent four interns for building a state level vulnerability and hazard mapping.

No comments: