Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Nightless Night

12 June 2008: I woke up early, packed my things, had my breakfast with the Jesuits, and bid good bye to them. Then I reached my room, and kept reading, "How did they do it?", a book that I had brought from Erin's home. This book was destined to become my companion throughout my travel back home. Shannon picked me at 11.15 and and dropped me at the airport. That was when I forgot to handover the book to her. (It is better that I had this book!) The Lufthansa flight from Seattle was quite crowded, and left at 2.15 as scheduled. Flying over north of Canada, through Greenland, and north of Iceland, without ever seeing sunset, we landed at 9.30 a.m. on 13 June in Frankfurt. As my flight was at 10.30 at night, I had the whole day with me. I spent some time in traveling to the city centre.... but, as luck would have it, it started raining. And I rushed back to the airport, and I spent the rest of the day in reading the same book. The night travel from Seattle had left me tired. And leaving Frankfurt at 10.30, I reached Dubai at 7.30 a.m, after a 6.30 mts flight. I could feel, my body is aching. My next flight flight to Kolkata was in the afternoon. I walked several times through the corridors of Dubai Airport, and left Dubai at 2.30 p.m, to arrive in Kolkata late in the evening. Believe me, I could feel for the first time in a month, my body itching.... as the dust of Kolkata touched my body. I spent the night and next day in Kolkata, and left for Raiganj by the evening train so that I can arrive in Raiganj on 16th June morning.

No comments: