Friday, May 14, 2010

The Road Ahead

It is once again decision time. Yes, I must take decision. I was repeatedly asked to continue as the State Coordinator of State Inter Agency Group (IAG). This is the body that coordinates the activities of international, national and local non-profit organizations who work on emergency preparedness and response within the State. And I am the first State Coordinator appointed by the body. Though it existed since the year 2000, it was hardly known to people, until I sat on the saddle. Of course I was enormously supported by the UNICEF, who gave me great support in helping me achieve higher results by ensuring quality action from my side. Soon everyone wanted a pound of flesh in it. In an year's time, State IAG had been a common name among the non-profit organizations.

But for me? It took me away from people. I was talking to invisible organizations even when I was speaking to persons. That is the problem at heart. I cannot be separated from people. I must return. Return to be with people. To work for them. To ensure that everyone lives in peace, love, happiness and have the capacity to bounce back when calamities crumble their lives and livelihoods. It is time to act. Time to decide. Should I serve God and his people, or religion and structures? Lead kindly Light amidst the encircling gloom... Lead Thou me on...

No comments: