Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Visit to Orissa

I traveled to Bhubaneshwar, in the State of Orissa, India for a meeting on Skill Development Programs for Drop Out students. The meetings were on 16-18, Dec. at New Marrion.  The discussions were a lot boring with so much of presentations in a large group of over 160 people, with only two speeches each day that were of worth mentioning. On 19th, I spent the morning with a relative mine who stays in Bhubaneshwar, and the afternoon with the family of Mr. Mishra, a friend of mine. At 5.00 p.m. I left along with three German students-friends for Raiganj, and reach Raiganj on 20th noon.

During the stay in Orissa, I also had the opportunity to speak with several persons including the Archbishop Raphael Cheenath, and Sr. Suma, the Regional Superior of the Missionaries of Charity, on the atrocities against Christians. Fr. Sarto and Sr. Christine who also were in Orissa at that time traveled to Kandhamal and few other places to meet the refugees, which I could not do due to the meeting that tied me down to the city. However, I am sharing with you a brief set of photographs that are being shown on the left side of this blog.

No comments: