Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Trip to Bhubaneshwar

I just needed a break for couple of days. What best I could do? I left on 1 June evening to Bhubaneshwar, the capital town of the State of Orissa, India. I reached on 2nd afternoon. My niece, Ms. Jenifer who is preparing to be a nun in the Congregation of the Sisters of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, and Sr. Valentine of the same congregation, and Mr. Mishra, a friend of mine welcome me as I land there. Then, I spend the evening at the Sisters' place and have a dinner with the Mishras. On 3rd, I celebrated mass for the sisters on the Feast of Trinity Sunday. Later, the time passes quickly. I sleep a lot, spend time in quiteness and silence. Later Sr. Rose, Sr. Valentine, Jenifer and me go for some sight seeing. My return journey was not as pleasant, as I miss the connecting bus at Kolkata and get stranded looking for a bus to reach Raiganj till mid-night. Having found none, I reached SKC, Kolkata at half past mid-night, and find a bed there to hit my head. In the morning, woke up at 4.30 a.m. to catch a bus at 5.15 a.m. on 4th June, and reached Raiganj at 4.00 p.m.! A very long and tiring journey through the day. Oh yes! I got a chance to meet some persons from a non-profit organization called ORISSA ! They seem to be doing lots of very good work in some of the most poverty-struck districts of Orissa, many of them, worse than those in Bengal. They asked me if I could help them with some support. I am not so sure dear! (All this from the desk of the Director)

No comments: